Grade 9 Orientation
When: Thursday, September 3
Where: Barrie North Main gyms (just inside front doors)
Buses will pick up students from Emma King, West Bayfield Street and Minesing Elementary at the following times:
Emma King: 7:45am (Please be at Emma King for boarding at 7:30am)
West Bayfield: 7:45am (Please be at West Bayfield for boarding at 7:30am)
Minesing: 7:30am (Please be at Minesing for boarding at 7:15am)
What to Wear: Comfortable clothing and footwear (you will be active!)
Please do not bring bags
- Locks and lockers (Locks will be available for purchase; otherwise, please bring your own Dudley lock)
- Gym Uniforms will be available
- Opportunities to ask questions and get lots of answers.
- You’ll meet other grade 9 students and a ‘senior link’ leader to help you navigate the first year of high school.
- A snack and a free pizza lunch will be provided
Safe School Reporting
At the Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB), one of our system goals is to create inclusive, equitable and safe learning and working environments. We recognize that student well-being is critical to student success.
Barrie North Collegiate is piloting an online safe school reporting link. If you witness any inappropriate behaviour, you can report it using the link below.
Hosting International Students
The Simcoe County District School Board has partnered with the Canada Homestay Network to host international students for Sept/2015.
Host families who welcome international / ESL students into their home:
- Receive an honorarium to cover expenses
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
Become a host family! To learn more and apply online, visit http://www.whyihost.ca/