The guidance office is a comfortable and welcoming environment for students and families—a place where you can obtain information and support. The secondary school guidance department serves the school community in a variety of ways:
- Supports students in academic planning and course selection
- Helps students seek out special pathways programs in secondary school that support their learning styles, interests and needs
- Helps individual students to envision a plan for post-secondary and target some short- and long-term goals
- Provides information about all post-secondary and career pathways
- Supports students in establishing effective study habits and exam preparation
- Coaches in career/life planning, including college and university scholarship application process
- Supports students with life skills like decision-making, problem-solving, conflict resolution, stress and time management and relationship awareness
- Provides personal support and referrals to community resources
The guidance department at Barrie North strives to support each and every student as they journey through the complexities of adolescence and high school life. The focus of a guidance visit may be on educational planning, post-secondary research, social or personal challenges, family issues, or referrals to appropriate agencies.
Each student is unique and counsellors provide assistance and support with that in mind. Our purpose is to help young people recognize and reach their academic and personal goals, and to take full advantage of the opportunities available at Barrie North Collegiate and beyond.
Keep up with the latest information from Guidance!!!
Timetable change questions? Grad information? How to make Guidance appointment during the COVID era? All this and MORE one the new Barrie North Guidance website. We will be updating this site regularly with info that every Viking needs to know!!
New Guidance Website
Call 705-726-6541, ext. 41170.
|Mrs. Kirkpatrick||Guidance Curriculum|
|extension 41171 |
|Mrs. Reesor||Guidance Curriculum|
|Mrs. Duncan||Counsellor ||extension 41173 email@example.com|
Instructions for Accessing your Timetable in Power School
Option sheets and Night/Summer School: https://www6.scdsb.on.ca/portal/page/portal/Pathways/StudentPortal
Co-Op Student Form
Music Form for Grade 8's
Ministry of Education
Ontario School Counsellors'
BNC Guidance Weekly Update September 10
BNC Guidance Weekly Update September 17 - Post Secondary Planning
BNC Guidance Weekly Update September 24 - Post-Secondary Planning Trades and Apprenticeships
BNC Guidance Weekly Update October 1st - SHSM + Student To-Do List
BNC Guidance Weekly Update October 8th
BNC Weekly Guidance Update October 15
BNC Weekly Guidance Update October 21